Flying kites near power lines and electrical facilities is dangerous and can disrupt electric service if kites get tangled in power lines.
Tips to fly kites safely:
- Fly your kite in an open area, far away from overhead power lines and electricity facilities.
- If the wind pushes your kite near a power line, let go of it.
- Avoid flying kites made with metallic wires or parts.
- Never fly a kite that is damp or wet.
- Never attempt to remove a kite or any object caught in power lines.
If you see anything caught in power lines, report it by calling SCE at 800-611-1911. For more electrical safety tips, visit sce.com/staysafe.